Tsan spent her first week at Baylor International Pediatric AIDS Initiative in Mbabane and the next two weeks with the Kudvumisa/CHIPS outreach team doing community HIV care and treatment. She was a blessing to have with us and we wish her the best as she returns to Phoenix.
We just got word this week that USAID is willing to extend our grant to operate CHIPS through March of 2015. There is a catch: we'll have to capture 3 quarters worth of results in 2. But even this extension is a great opportunity to expand services, impact, and outreach.
Prayer and Specific Need Requests
- Ever thought of serving on the mission field? We need help in a multitude of areas: HIV outreach, crawfish, marula, sewing, moringa..... medical, admin, business as ministry, training.......
- Pray for the CHIPS staff: to be a light and a true witness to Christ's compassion to the poor and helpless
- a 1000L fuel trailer (the van that Rotary donated requires low sulfur diesel which is only available an hour away from our office) for $2000.
- ongoing CHIPS operating expenses (for expenses beyond the scope of the USAID grant and to meet our obligation for 10% of the total grant funding) $6000
- start up expenses for the economic development projects (marula oil, nuts and fire logs and crawfish production) $5000