Monday, July 02, 2007

4 CarePoints - 1100 Patients





Dr. Beyda (Mission of Mercy Medical Director) and his team did an awesome job last week! We were at Logoba (we are working towards a CarePoint there now), Madonsa, Kakhoza, and Maphiveni (also a CarePoint in progress!). The doctors, nurses, and helath care workers saw many illnesses: HIV related, cancer, hypertension, infections, infected wounds, diabetes, etc., etc. The children and adults at Maphiveni were noticeably sicker than the population around Manzini. The impact of the combination of poverty and distance to health care is obvious on the overall health of the people there. We are hoping to get final community approval this week so we can start construction there this month. Pastor La'Salette Duarte and her church in Tambankhulu were fantastic. They will be helping and overseeing the daily work at the Maphiveni CarePoint. It is refreshing to work with a church here that truly has the poorest and neediest at heart. These pictures are from the clinic on Thursday for the community of Maphiveni.

1 comment:

Dr. Leslie's Blog said...

Hi Daran and Theresa! What a blessing Swaziland was! It was fantastico! Continue with the work, keep the faith, remain steadfast. Truly your reward in heaven for your obedience willbe great. IT is soooo hot in Arizona right now! My giraffe made it all the way to Arizona and he is loving his new home albeit a bit lonely since I am not at home very much...guess hwat I named him? Ncamiso! LOL! I get to practive the click! IT took a full week for me to recover from the long trip. I was sleepy by 5pm my time and up at 2AM, so I would just garden since during the day it was way too hot to do so. Say sao bona to all the peeps for me. I was so blessed!

Leslie